IBCs registered in Brunei
According to the Notice issued by the government authority of Brunei on 22nd December 2016, the company registry has stopped accepting international business companies (IBCs) incorporation and renewal. At the same time, the licenses of the registered agents and trustees will be suspended no later than 24th December 2017.
Under the regulations, any licensee who fails or refuses to comply with the Notice is considered as committing a crime and is liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding USD20,000. Thus, IBCs registered in Brunei are forced to either migrate to another jurisdiction or wind-up no later than 24th December 2017.
1. IBCs removal from the Brunei Registry
2. IBCs migration to other jurisdictions
- IBCs removal from the Brunei Registry
Your former Registered Agent shall take the action to remove IBCs from the Registry.
- IBCs migration to other jurisdictions
Triple Team can then assist IBCs migration to other jurisdictions.
What are the required documents for the migration?
- Certified True Copy of Certificate of Incorporation by Brunei Registry
- Certified True Copy of Articles of Association by Brunei Registry
- Certificate of Good Standing issued by Brunei Registry
- Declaration of the Director(s)
As the regulations and documents required for the migration differ significantly from each jurisdiction, please contact us for more information.
What types of company documents will you obtain after completing the migration?
- Certification of Continuation
- New Articles of Association
- Articles of Continuation
How long does it take for the migration?
Between 7-14 days＊The procedure of IBCs migration to other jurisdictions can only be proceeded after the removal from the Brunei Registry is done.